Monday, July 30, 2012

Getting Into the Swing of Things

Hello!

This weekend Thom and I found more records. This time at the flea market. One of the vendors had cleared out an old estate and along with the fine china and silver entertaining pieces (Thom and I refrained from adding more silver to the collection) there was a box of 78 rpm records.


We picked up two "books" with four records inside each book. One book contained hits from Glenn Miller and his orchestra. It's got all the hits such as In The Mood, Tuxedo Junction, Stardust, and Little Brown Jug. The other book we picked up is a compilation of songs called "Smoke Rings". This book has Once in a While by Tommy Dorsey, My Reverie by Larry Clinton, All the Things You Are by Artie Shaw and a couple of other hits.

Thom looks over our records while sipping on his agua fresca.
Thom and I picked up the books for only $1 a record which is pretty good. Plus they are in super condition. Now if only I can find a Cole Porter compilation with Let's Misbehave in it!


We also found a couple more glassware pieces at the thrift store which was good since I felt like we were going to be short.

-HWC

No comments:

Post a Comment