Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Chapeau!

So - I had all these glorious pics of my hattie in the construction phase to share with you, but they were accidentally erased to make room for this adorable video of Beckett walking for the first time!  Look at him go, go, go!


We had bets as to if he would be walking by his 1st Birthday.  Now that he has legs, we will need to make sure he doesn't go for the Gramophone or heaven forbid, the fine china!

Anyhoo - as you may recall from my previous postings, my goal was to take a generic $5.00 hat from the flea market & turn it into a head-turner.  A little Rit Dye (thanks Thommy) & vintage findings later, I am quite pleased with the results :D  

Side view - Loving the scalloped texture


Front view 


Back view - Poke style brim will compliment my chignon.


Can't wait to debut this hattie at the picnic!

xox - KB-D

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. I want to learn how to make hats like this for the costume closet.

    ReplyDelete