Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Magic Carpet Ride

Hello!

Well, the thrift store gods and garage sale deities have been most generous when it comes to carpets. Below is the selection we're going to have for the tent (sorry for the dark pic, it was taken on our garage).


The large neutral rug on the bottom I had posted about a couple of weeks ago; the round red rug is the one found at the Alameda Point Antiques Faire. It was a good deal even though a bit on the smallish side, but it's perfect for the area we have planned for it. The rectangular blue one Thom and I found at a yard sale about two weeks ago. This nice family had it tucked under their vending table wrapped in a sheet. I'm glad we asked about it. We managed to haggle them down to $25.00. It's a nice old-ish handwoven one from India with a deep pile. There is a fourth rug we encountered in our sale travels, but this particular one now lives in my living room. :)

I'll try to post in the next couple of days the pair of knickers/plus fours I'm making for my BFF and the vest I have in the works.

-HWC

No comments:

Post a Comment