Thursday, September 6, 2012

Infant Wear - Part Deaux

My apologies for the lack of recent updates.  We have been hard at work behind the scenes putting the finishing touches on our outfits & picnic setup.  A couple months back, after much searching, I finally found an outfit for my infant son to wear to The Gatsby Summer Afternoon.  I was doing my normal Ebay & Etsy rounds trying to find a vintage romper like the ones below...


Everything was either too big, too small, the wrong color or too expensive.  I was about to give up the search, when I stumbled across Christening outfits!


Actual Listing Photo from Ebay

Not being Catholic, I had never heard of such a thing.  I was delighted to learn that they came in various throwback styles, including the sailor outfit!  The silhouette of the above romper was exactly what I had been looking for and since it was made of white silk, we were able to dye it to customize the look.  Costume guru, Thommy, dyed the pants & collar, changed out the buttons & added a darling silk tie.  The end result - perfection!  Can't wait to share pics post- picnic

xox - KB-D

UPDATE

Here is Beckett (passed out) in his Gatsby finery.  What a doll!




No comments:

Post a Comment