Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cooking Day 1

Hello!

As you can see below, I got around to washing the glassware. Actually, Thom, fed up with my procrastination washed all the glassware. :) Now I have to start packing all this stuff for the journey.


In a post a couple of weeks ago I said we were going to have Beet Pickled Eggs. Since the eggs need to marinade in the brine for three days, we've started these.


Boiling two dozen eggs is actually a lot easier than Thom and I thought (thank you Google). Here's a pic of us shelling hard boiled eggs in the living room. Television is a must when shelling eggs. :)


And here's a pic of our eggs pickling in the beet/brine mixture! As you can see they will turn a lovely shade of red after three days and then the cutting and mixing of the yolks begins. The recipe we have for Beet Pickled Deviled Eggs is from an old Gourmet Magazine I had lying around work. You can find similar recipes on Epicurious or Food.com.


Till later.

-HWC

No comments:

Post a Comment