Saturday, June 16, 2012

Behold - The Bounty!

Sorry for the long absence. Truth be told, I have been battling a bit of an addiction.

I have found myself all-consumed by the hunt for Gatsby Picnic treasures.  When not thrifting or estate-sale-ing, I have been scouring Craigslist.  I turned to Craigslist after suffering from estate sale & flea market withdraw one weekday.  It began innocently enough with a search for "wicker furniture."  That gateway search then turned to a search for middle-eastern lanterns, poufs, brass tables, picnic baskets and serve ware.  I found myself out of control, up all night, drowning in a sea of virtual bargains.  But, my new found addiction paid off!  Last week's haul included a spectacular Egyptian brass table & six pieces of antique, silver-plated serve ware for $10.  $10!  How can you pass that up?

This weekend's yield has proven just as glorious.  We started off the hunt on Friday at an estate sale in the Oakland Hills.  We had been searching for an elusive, silver plated, 3-tiered pastry tray and were tantalized by the below photo.  Arriving an hour early with coffee in hand, our diligence paid off when we scored the pastry tray and the below Art Deco relish dish.


Today all items were marked 1/2 off so we returned for the champagne bucket, but also found 11 cut glass tumblers and the below silver plated monster-vase & incredible brass decorative moment that will-with a little bedazzling-make the perfect Moroccan  lantern.  How we didn't see those two treasures the day before is a mystery to me, but I am glad we didn't, because today at 1/2 the price they were double the bargain.

The vintage Kalim lounging pillows were this weekend's big Craigslist find.  Risking life & limb in a very dodgy neighborhood, they were quite the bargain - of course we almost paid with our lives ;P 


Below is a picture of Thommy, posing with our bounty so you can see the scale of the vase and lounge pillows.  Did I say they are HUGE?!


And below is a picture of my cat, Boudicca, inspecting our finds...


Can't wait to see what treasures next week brings...

xo - K B-D

No comments:

Post a Comment